To help you with your purchase, we can now offer you interest free terms* online with a Once Line of Credit facility that makes paying for your purchase easy, manageable and affordable.
Q. What is Interest-Free* and how does it work?
A. A Once Line of Credit facility can give you access to promotional offers such as interest free at participating Once retailers and merchants. Where an interest free period applies, no interest is payable on the amount of the purchase during the interest free period. Pay the balance in full before the interest free period ends and you won't pay any interest at all on the purchase. What's more, you can also re-use your account for other interest free purchases in-store or online. For more details, click here.
Q. How much can I borrow on interest free finance?
A. Finance, for online purchases, is usually available for any amount between $500 and $20,000 (subject to lending criteria).
Q. What promotional offers are available?
A. Interest-free promotional terms are available on purchases above $500. Please check our website for the current promotional offer. To take advantage of our current online Interest Free promotional offer, your total purchase amount must be more than $500; and this can comprise more than one item.
Q. Is there an establishment fee?
A. Yes. A one-off establishment fee of $25.00 applies and this fee is debited to your account once it has been established and forms part of the outstanding balance. This fee is only charged once and there is no need to re-apply to take advantage of subsequent promotional offers.
Q.What happens after the account is established?
A. Once your account is established, you will receive a Welcome letter from Once, and if eligible, you will also receive a Once Visa Debit card which will give you access to your account.
Q. Are there any monthly or annual fees?
A. There is a monthly Account Keeping Fee of $4.95. There is no additional ongoing or annual fee for the Once Visa card. It is issued free of charge.
Q. What is the Once Visa Debit card?
A. If eligible, you will be issued a complimentary Once Visa Debit card upon establishment of your account. The Once Visa card provides easy access to your funds – shop online, overseas or over the phone – wherever Visa is accepted. In addition you can also withdraw cash from your account at any ATM* or via EFTPOS.
* No ATM withdrawal fee will apply if you use a rediATM, NAB ATM or BoQ ATM.
Q. What is the Annual Percentage Rate?
A. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) applicable will be specified in the Credit Offer. This is the rate that will be charged for Visa transactions and purchases using the Once Visa card, as well as cash advances and withdrawals. If an interest free period applies to your purchase, then NO interest will be charged on that particular purchase for the duration of the interest free period. After the interest free period expires, interest will be payable on any outstanding balance at the APR.
Q. Can I apply?
A. You can apply if you are:
- 18 years of age or over at the time of application
- Currently employed and earning at least $30,000 gross p.a.
- A permanent Australian resident
- Not a discharged or current bankrupt
- No current credit defaults or outstanding writs or summons
Q. What do I need to complete the application?
A. Before you start your application, please ensure that you have the following information handy:
- Your residential details (including mortgage/landlord details if buying, renting or boarding)
- Your financial details (including income, existing loans and debt)
- Your employment details (name and phone number)
- If self employed, your accountant’s name and contact phone number
- Driver's license details (if you have one)
- If approved, you will need to provide your Tax File Number or Australian Passport as a form of electronic identity confirmation. This also removes the hassle of you having to provide documentation to us and thus allowing you to purchase and pay for your selected goods immediately without any delay.
Q. Why do you need my Tax File Number or Passport details?
A. This is a security measure put in place to identify you correctly and protect your identity. The Tax file number is never stored or retained by us.
Q. How do I apply?
A. You can buy now using interest free finance. It's easy, hassle free and completely online.
- Select all the goods you wish to purchase, then proceed to the shopping cart and click on ‘Apply for Finance at Once’ on the Payment Options section.
- Complete the application form, which should take no more than 10 minutes and you will obtain a decision within 60 seconds.
- If approved, you will need to electronically identify yourself using either your Australian Passport or your Tax File Number.
- Confirm your purchase and that's it.
Q.What happens next?
A. Once you have confirmed your order the total cost of the purchase will be debited from your account to secure your order.
Q.When is my first payment due?
A. The first payment is due one (1) month after the account is established.
Q.When does my interest free period start?
A. The interest free period starts from the date the account is established.
Q.How often will I get my statements?
A. A statement will be issued to you on a monthly basis approximately two weeks prior to the payment due date. You may receive your statement by email if you prefer.
Q.How can I make a repayment?
A. You can complete a direct debit form and select monthly, fortnightly or weekly payments free of charge. Alternatively you can also pay via cheque, BPAY or POSTbillpay (phone, online or at any Australia Post). Payments made by methods other than direct debit will incur a fee of 1.95.
Q.What is the minimum repayment required?
A. Contractually, the minimum monthly repayment required is only 3% of the outstanding balance of the account or $40.00, whichever is the greater. Making only the minimum monthly repayment will not pay out the purchase within the interest free period.
Q.Can I make extra repayments?
A. Yes, at your discretion. There are no penalties for early termination or additional repayments.
Q.How can I obtain a Credit Limit Increase?
A. A credit limit increase is only a phone call away. Our friendly Customer Service team will be able to help you with an increase in your credit limit. Call us on 1300 661 505, Mondays to Fridays from 8.30 am to 5 pm (Sydney time).
Q. Can I view or access my account online?
A. Yes. You can manage your Line of Credit 24/7 by logging into Once Online Access at www.onceonline.com.au using your Customer Number that we provided and the Password that you selected during the application process. You can access your statemenrs, view your transaction details, account balances, available credit and transfer funds using electronic funds transfer (EFT). There is no charge for this service.
Q. I am an existing Once customer and currently have a MyBuy account. Do I need to re-apply?
A. No. If you already have a MyBuy line of credit account, then you do NOT have to re-apply. If you have already registered for Online Access then to proceed with the interest free purchase:
- click on 'Apply for Finance' on the Payment Options section once you have selected your goods, and
- log on as an Existing Customer using your customer number and password
Q. I am an existing Once customer and currently have a Once Bill Credit or Personal Line of Credit account. Do I need to re?apply?
A. Yes. If you only have a Once Bill Credit or Once Personal Line of Credit account, then you will need to re-apply.
Q. Who is Once?
A. Once is rapidly becoming one of Australia’s leading providers of simple, convenient and commonsense financial services. This is largely due to a wide variety of products and services including home loans and insurance. Visit www.onceonline.com.au to find out more.
* Terms, conditions, fees, charges and lending criteria apply. Once OnlineCredit facility is provided by Once Credit Pty Limited ACN 112 319 632 t/a MyBuy.